Monday, February 2, 2009

Sweating bullets.


Today was kinda a wash-out. My husband and I waited around until 5:30 for a guy to come out to give us an estimate on granite countertops. NO PHONE CALL,...nothing. We called him three times. NOTHING. How can someone in business be like that? How? I mean,....not a phone call or anything?! Whatever. That's just bad business, and plain rude. Our whole day was shot. Sat around, waiting, and got absolutely nothing done. The only good thing we did was go to our neighbor's kid's soccer game. (They won.!!!)We got out, and forgot everything, and had a good time for a little while.~~~We have a meeting w/ our lawyer tomorrow morning about our impending court date Thursday morning. NERVES, NERVES, NERVES. My husband is a big, cranky, grouchy, bear right now. (Thats appropriate because my nickname for him IS Bear.~ I've called him that for years!~) Anyways,---this weekend my sister-in-law and I will be going to our condo, and packing-up as much as we can physically manage to do in a weekend w/out killing ourselves. (Just trying to keep my husband from any extra stress, or worries. It's the LAST thing he needs.) His sister is the best person I have ever had in my life,(not counting my family.) She takes charge, and will show you, help you, find out anything for you, teach you whatever it is you need. I am SO LUCKY to have her close to me in our current (legal and otherwise) situation. SO LUCKY. My kitty has been a little restless the last couple of days,....I think he senses our agitation about our legal issues, because it's there. I feel it every second of every day, and every night. It's just something that is ALWAYS there, like a giant pink elephant in the room that no one talks about. It is so hard not knowing what will be your life in the coming months. We might be fixing this house up for nothing and have to leave and go to Canada at the drop of a hat. Nothing like having that hanging over your head. But my sister-in-law is all knowing, and MY sister knows, and if anything were to happen, or have to happen fast,....they both would know about it all. Makes life that much more precious. Trust me on this,.......
I've been trying not to think about all this stuff for months, since it all happened,....and I do anything and everything to NOT think about it. And then one little stupid thing will go wrong, and my husband and I go off like its literally the end of the world. (Stupid I know.) I just try to remind him that it still could be worse. I mean,....it's hard telling someone that in his spot. He is the best man I have ever known, and ever will know. I have always thought that, even in the beginning, when I thought we would never end up together.(Thats when I had 'I Remember You' tatooed on my outer calf, and we weren't even together than.) He truly is one-of-a-kind. No one has his integrity, honesty, and stays true to his word like him, IN ANY SITUATION, and EVERY SITUATION. He is truly my Gladiator. (He has STRENGTH and HONOR tatooed on his outer forearms, that I find extremely sexy.) So much for my secrets,......

2 comments:

Merely Me said...

I feel ya on having the greatest guy. Mine too. Last night I wanted to go off and I figure one day at a time. Why waste time fretting...redirect that energy! (Easier said than done!)

Sarah Elizabeth said...

I don't get why service people can never call!!?!?!