Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I miss my good ole' days


Soooooo,....off for the next two days, home watching football with my husband and Munky. Very happy I finally got this past week over-and-done-with. Thank god. No news from the new job front. Like I said in my last post, I basically have made my decision anyways, and will probably stay right where I'm at. The holidays are right around the corner, and I can't see starting out low-man-on-the-totem-pole now, and maybe not getting paid the little I am now either. At least I have a chance to make commission where I'm at now, in the new job, it's not possible. So I guess I'm where I'm gonna be. End of story. What else? Getting new stuff in every day practically,....we have this new stuff called 'Adult Chocolate Milk', and I swear to god! people will buy and try anything alcoholic. Anything. And we haven't gotten our Bacon vodka in yet and people are really annoyed with us. Chocolate/Bacon martini's are the newest rage, along with pumpkin anything;beer, wine, or liquor, and everyone is asking for this new flavor in Ciroc vodka, (Puff Daddy/P.Diddy,) Peach Ciroc. OMG. They are driving us crazy with the phone calls, coming in,.....I've actually answered the phone at work saying 'we don't have Peach Ciroc'!!! Yes. I . Have. (I get too aggravated after too many phone calls.) So yeah, that's all my fun. Ummm,....still thinking about an Ipad or a Samsung Galaxy. And I'm leaning toward a Galaxy. It's just got better stuff on it, available for it, and more space. I think that might happen on Friday. Also,-someone I made friends with at work,(a customer who buys wine from me,) invited me to lunch on Friday. Yeay me. I haven't done that in soooo long. I miss it so much. My girlfriend who I just got in touch with again, used to do the best get-togethers. She threw me my wedding shower, (the one and only thing anyone has ever done for me, and I purposely cut her outta my life for three years. How smart am I?) She really knows how to do things up if ya know what I mean. For the first 'Sex and the City' movie, she got a limo for four of us, bought us all 'We are with Big' t-shirts, and a stocked bar in the limo,(I don't even drink,) and got us all tickets to the couch movie theatre in Boca,(the best place to see a movie,) where you can drink alcohol in the movie theatre, and the seats are loveseats that rock or recline. It's SO COMFORTABLE. (For every movie that Russell Crowe has come out with since 'Gladiator', my husband has bought tix to THAT theatre on opening night of the movie for us. Isn't he wonderful?) I hope I go on Friday. I miss getting dressed nice, going to lunch, and then going shopping. I used to do that with my two girlfriends all the time. That was like the best day to me, BEFORE everything happened. I'm almost too paranoid now to do that for a day. I'd constantly be watching everyone around me, (side effects of our legal nightmare,) and if I had to drive anywhere, I'd be watching my rear-view mirror every waking second, and doing u-turns all over the place just to see if someone was following me. Yea, I'm that paranoid. Okay, I'm done now. No more for me to tell.

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

I think it is always difficult to make a job choice without having enough information, even if it does sound good at first. Before I applied for my current job over ten years ago (in a sister division for the same company but a different type of job) I spent some time with the members of the team I would be working with. There was one individual I wasn't impressed with but I thought I would enjoy working with the others. Fortunately, my instincts were right and I still reckon I made the right move! On the other hand, not long before that I had gone on an interview for a lateral position move in an industry I thought would be interesting - but I just didn't like the first impression of the person I would be reporting to and so didn't pursue this any further. Someone once told me..people work for people...and that can make the whole difference between a bad, good or great job. So far that seems to have proven true for me!