Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I'm so boring

I can never seem to please everyone, no matter how hard I try or want to. Yesterday was my sister-in-law's birthday, and I wanted to do so much, and really didn't get to. Some people just love when you make a big deal about them,....but they won't say it, ya know? Well, my husband hates all that fussy stuff about birthdays, presents, cake, and making a big to-do about it all, so he thinks everyone else is that way too. I try to explain that sometimes it's nice to have someone fuss over you, and make a big deal about your birthday and all. I mean it's the one day a year that you can have that's all your's to call your own and just plain have thing's all your way. Right? I try to stretch my birthday out as long as possible, believe me. So, we ended up getting some filet mignons, cherrystone clams, (we wanted Ipswich ones, but they were out.) I had thankfully gotten her some gifts earlier in the month,...so I only got her two things, but it was better than nothing. I found this crystal figure of the Chrysler building, (which is her favorite,) in TJ.Maxx, and then I found this cool, vintage, pewter, handmade bracelet made by Lysguard, (the furniture maker?) Very nice piece that bracelet ended up being. My husband loved it when I showed him, and my sister-in-law did too. It was really "her" if you know what I mean. So all in all the evening ended up going well, and lotsa fun was had. She even showed us this beautiful apartment upstairs from hers that is in foreclosure, that I would LOVE for us to buy and live at. I love the idea of having a little family compound. I mean, we would all need our space, but I wish we could buy it and live there. Funny, my brother and his best friend both moved to Georgia and got on the same Fire Dept. there,(because it was impossible down here in South Florida at the time if you weren't a minority.) They ended up buying houses next door to each other, and they were both best men at each others weddings. They don't live next door to each other anymore, but just a few blocks from each other. Now I love the idea of that,....I wish all my family could live in the same neighborhood. Since I was a little kid, I always loved the idea of family all around. Everyone getting together every weekend, and on holidays, birthdays, special occassions. I miss that so much. I have a group of high school friends who all grew-up together and all lived and moved together from neighborhood to neighborhood. They all live in Georgia now too. There were five of them and they all live in the same neighborhood, and their business' all intertwine. It's nice. I wish I had stayed close to them all. Oh well,.....I guess I make do with what I have,.....my neighbors here that I adore, and their beautiful kids, and my two kittys, and the little life we have carved out here for now. Who knows tho where we will end up, or where life will bring us. I just know I will always have my husband and kittys. That means more than anything to me.

No comments: