Sunday, April 17, 2011

Get over it

I got called into work very early,(someone called-in sick,) so I was there by 11:15am miraculously. (I had my alarm set for 1pm,) and I got up to go to the bathroom and I checked my cellphone,(I sleep with it,) and there was a msg, and a text from wk. asking if I could come in ASAP. So I called right away and started getting ready. Ugh!~ NOT fun when you go to bed at 5am the night(morning) before. I stayed til almost 8pm, and then went and picked-up some stuff I had on lay-away, and came home, took Munky for her hourly, nightly walk, and came in, watched 'Sex and the City', and now 'The Nanny' is on. Two of my three favorites. (Throw 'Friends' in, and I can forget the rest of the world for a long time!!!) SOOO~ my niece is planning on getting married in September,...I'm excited and scared for her at the same time,(she's so young,-22.) I thank god I didn't get married at that age,.....oy, what a mistake it would've been. I was with someone for 7 yrs. and it still didn't work out, -so glad I dug my heels in and stayed engaged for a looonnngg time. That was my only way out for the time being. We split up, and I dated someone else not seriously for almost a year, and then I met my now husband. Yep. He was marrying someone else,(I knew her and her sisters,) and I thought he was going to be so happy, and all he could tell me was how much he didn't care about the wedding, how he didn't want to get married, etc. etc. etc. (I thought it was just cold feet talking.) Then on his wedding day watching his wife-to-be walk down the aisle to him, it hit me hard and fast that I was in love with him. No one was more surprised than me,....everyone probably realized it before I did,....I cried thru the whole ceremony, and the whole reception he sat at my table talking with me. He went off on his honeymoon, and I was so relieved when he came back to work. (We all worked in a 6am bar together, his sister-in-law, him and I.) And two months after that all hell broke loose. Yea, not proud of how that happened, and neither is he, but when some things are meant to be, they are meant to be. And now 18 yrs. later, we are still happy together, and the ex-wife is still in love with him. (She had a freakin' screaming attack when she found out we were married.) Can you believe it? 13 yrs. later, and she can't get over it? Maybe I'm wrong to think that way, but really,....just move on. MOVE ON. She's 46 yrs. old, they were married when she was 24!!! for cricesake! Anyways~so much for our sordid past, all I can say is, I'm just very worried about my niece marrying someone when she is so young, and they haven't been together 2 yrs yet. Just scared and worried for her,-that's all. I know when I was her age I didn't want to listen to anyone,...so I've been keeping my mouth shut. If she asks for my opinion I will tell her, but if not, she won't be hearing anything about mistakes from me. Lord knows I have no room to talk.

No comments: