Sunday, March 22, 2009

Time in a Bottle


My usual schedule at work is 40 to 50 hours a week in 5 days, which for me is ALOT. I mean for most people it's probably nothing, but for someone who hasn't worked in 3 years, and even when I did, as hard as bartending was,...I was extremely spoiled (bartending.) I made ALOT of money in a short amount of time. I could work 3 to 4 nights and make twice as much as what most people (or me now) in a week. I was so spoiled I realize now. I never worked Sundays,......and I basically got my pick of what shifts I wanted,.....S.P.O.I.L.E.D. That's all I can say. I had a manager that was my roomate, and whenever we would go out on a shopping spree, I would be aloud to call in 'sick' and not go in, or go in late for my shift. Very nice, -but SPOILED. The owner even let me and my (now) husband, take off for a long weekend unexpectedly, (and at the very last minute) to go to Walker's Cay with him for free, while everyone else had to work. They were not happy with us, but we were SPOILED. I had no idea what I had then,-let me tell ya. I worked for that place for 17 years, and then I just couldn't take it anymore. I started to hate the place and the people, and just the whole thing. I ended up bartending at another nearby popular bar, and that lasted for 1 year almost to the day, and never looked back. I left, (on very good terms I might add,) and didn't work for the next three years. How spoiled could I get you ask? Well,.....let me put it nicely,....I stopped working, and got MORE SPOILED by having TIME. Time to do whatever it is you want,....however you want,....whenever you want. That alone can be SO INTOXICATING. Let me tell you. I LOVED having time to spend with my husband, and quality time with my kitty, being at my mom's disposal, and being able to do whatever I want whenever I wanted. Yep,.....I feel like I slammed right into a wall right now. I can't do anything but sleep, eat, and go to work. Am I crazy or is this how it is? I guess I just need more time,....it's only been about 4 weeks now. I'm really enjoying it, but sometimes I just want to sleep late, or stay with my kitty and nap, or go for a long walk with my husband (and kitty.) I think I just once again need time to get adjusted,....thats all.Just more time.

1 comment:

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Yep, I have I feeling I'm going run into this exact situation. I've been spoiled since birth and now reality is coming, quickly, and I don't know if I'm going to be able to handle it that well! I'm sure you will adjust and find a way to settle in and get more personal time!