Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nothing from nothing leaves nothing.





Well, today and Monday, I got my husband out of the house and we went all over the place and looked for some furniture for the house. Let me tell you,.....do I live in a cave? or is everything really expensive? I mean, I just can't begin to fathom paying $500 for a king headboard, and two nightstands at some place called American Standard Furniture. Puh-leez. No way Jose. No can do. Maybe I'm overreacting, (again,)- but how do people live now-a-days? I mean financially we are more than okay,(we are very lucky,-I know,) but I just can't seem to agree with that much money being spent on three measley things. We even went to Goodwill and Salvation Army, and we found some nice stuff, but just nothing that we were looking for. Do people put everything on credit cards? is that how they do it? I just don't understand it. We will just wait until we find exactly what we want. We need a dining room set, some rugs, a king headboard, two nightstands,and three cherrywood and black leather swivel barstools. Are we asking for too much? Well I think not. I refuse to go Rooms To Go,(my husband and I call them Rooms That Blow,) because we had a major fight with them in the late 90's about a living room set we bought, and literally less than a month later, the entire couch had practical fallen apart and the fabric pilled. We were so ticked-off that we ended-up having to return the set only to promise we had to buy something the same price or more,.......yep, I ended-up writing a big letter to the Better Business Bureau, and complained. Never again,....never again,........NEVER AGAIN. I seriously dislike them. Anyways,....so really, we found nothing today. I'm so disappointed. I mean do you buy something you sorta like, but it's not exactly what you're looking for?, or hold out for what you think you'll be able to find? We went to American Standard, City Furniture, Old Time Pottery, Pier One, Target, Goodwill, and Salvation Army, and not one damn thing gotten. I feel like I got nothing accomplished on my two days off. It really sucks. I mean at least I got to nap with my kitty today, while it rained, (which I love to do,)-but I really wanted to get some stuff for the house,...we need it. Maybe we will bite the bullet and go back to Ikea and get some stuff there that we have to put together ourselves,....(but someone always gets mad,-or hurt,-whichever comes first.) I guess we will just have to wait it out, and see what comes up.



On a totally different subject,...my friend at work finally showed-up, after missing two straight days without even a phone call to let anyone know that she was okay, or alive. I wanted to kill her and hug her at the same time. I'm just glad she is okay,(-hey, you just never know now-a-days.) She is going to move out of her apartment and move back in with her mom. I just hope she does what she says. So tell me what any of you would have done if it were you, and someone you became quick friends with at work all of a sudden doesn't show-up, and doesn't call, or nothing, and you know she has been having problems with her husband, and they are maybe splitting-up, wouldn't ya'll have been a little alarmed? Maybe I'm overreacting again, I don't know. I'm starting to think I know absolutely NOTHING.



***P.S. Sorry about that second picture,-that was from a few years ago when my poor little guy came home with a broken leg,-needless to say, he didn't leave my sight for over five weeks. I don't know how to edit a picture OFF this blog, so I apologize for yet another thing I don't know. (I'm starting to get a complex!) I uploaded the wrong picture,...the FIRST ONE IS THE ONE I MEANT TO SHOW FROM THE BEGINNING. Hey,-I'm learning as I go, so everything I've learned on the computer has been self taught,-and I'm no kid, so please don't hold it against me. Thanks ya'll.***

1 comment:

Merely Me said...

You might want to check Rooms To Go! I hear they have... ha ha. ;)
That uploading pictures worked once for me. That's it. Be thankful though too, otherwise you would have my pedicure posted today!