Friday, December 24, 2010

Thankful for being thankful


The moral of Christmas now-a-days is beyond everyone. I mean,....it's like who can spend the most money for one moment, of one day, THE MOST. I really dislike it to no end. I refuse to celebrate it this year. I can do that because I have no kids, so it's very easy for me to just say, 'ya know what? I don't want gifts, and I won't buy any gifts, so don't expect any period.' I have to say, work has been work, and this is the busiest time of year for any liquor company, with parties, family, and friends all over,....so it goes without saying that work is EXTREMELY busy for me right now. Tomorrow I'll be working from 12 noon till probably almost 11 or 12 midnite! THAT'S how busy we are. So,-needless to say, with no X-mas tree up, and no decorations, I'm officially BAH-HUMBUGGING it the next two days. My husband might be a little disappointed, but his b-day is a few days after X-mas and I always make it a point to celebrate that with gifts, and cake and whatnot. His b-day to me is bigger than X-mas! Anyhow~we will be going to see True Grit this weekend,...and I absolutely LUV Jeff Bridges. Throw him together with Sam Elliot, Kris Kristofferson,Tom Selleck,(now-NOT Magnum PI days,) and Russell Crowe and you got one big HOT-MAN-FEST in my eyes. Jeez,...that's some gorgeous men there to me. Since I was a child I've always been drawn to silver gray hair and blue eyes, and GOD BLESS IT, that is one fine mixture. (Weird, - I know.) SO~just took Munky for a walk and I actually heard an accident happen. It had to be a ways away, but I heard it, and it made me really think about how lucky I really am. I mean, someone's life could've changed in an instant. Think about it. It made the hair on the back of my neck stand-up. What an ugly sound, and an awful feeling,...I knew I was right when within a few minutes I heard sirens from every which way going full blast. How horrible. I can't get it outta my head. Even little Munky was uneasy,...and wanted to go in right after that. Poor little thing,...she's such a good little kitteh,...how I love her, and how she always makes everything right with me in my little world. I can have the worst day, or a fight with my husband, or just be depressed and I spend any kinda time with her, and I'm laughing and smiling within seconds. She's the child I never had. (At least that's what my husband says.) She makes me the happiest (and luckiest) I've felt in a very long time. My husband and I have a little more time left til we can move away from here. I've had some horrible times with being on probation. I never even knew about stuff I know about now. I never even thought about being in jail, or all the ugly things I know about now since our little horror story of a life has happened here. Our entire life has changed, I have changed, and I'll never, ever be the same again. Never will I trust anyone, especially the police, or anyone in that area. Never. I'm jaded now forever, and I'm not very nice about it either. I won't go off on a tangent tho,....I want to be thankfull for all that I have, all that I'm able to do, my family, my wonderful husband, and my kittehs. I'm lucky.

No comments: