Tuesday, December 21, 2010

So much for relaxing

This time of year, it's a love/hate kinda thing. Right this minute I'm not too anxious about it, but I'm getting ready to go out shopping,so I'll see how I feel when I get back. X-mas time is the hardest,....I miss my father, I miss my in-laws, (they were just like my second parents,) and it hurts every year that goes by,....I crave family get-togethers, I crave the fun, loud, chaotic times that it all brings,....now, everyone in my family kinda does their own things with their own families, and that SUCKS. I miss them all. It's usually my husband, my sister-in-law, and I spending most holidays together. I'm not complaining, but I miss all the rest of it, I miss my family, laughing, talking, and just being together. Anyways,-tried to go out last night and see the moon solstice thing, and we went out about a quarter to 2(am) and got Munky on her leash, and soon as we got out there, she rolled in the dirt, and immediately looked around and went in the bushes and just sat there,-(I shoulda known.) A minute later Stripe came thru the fence, and we started petting him and he was being all lovable and cute, and not a minute later, I looked up at my husband, and he was nodding his head and grinning, and I looked behind me and Sugar was sitting there staring at us. Too funny to everyone but him. Poor little guy, he just can't stand the thought of any other kittehs getting any kinda attention. He hissed, and growled, and we just sat there trying to figure out what to do with all three of them there together. So after a little scuffle that Sugar initiated, I went in and brought out food for the two of them,....and that kinda diffused things, at least temporarily,.....sat out there while they ate,( and my husband and Munky went in happily,)........then they finally just disappeared going thru the kitty-hole in our fence, and that was the end of our night trying to be all calm and looking out at the moon. Yep. Not calm. Not relaxing. Not fun. So much for trying to relax. I'll write more when I get back from shopping and let ya know how I feel then!

No comments: