Thursday, September 24, 2009

Family weekend

I'm so looking foward to this weekend. I am going to de-stress. I swear I will. I work Saturday until 3pm and then I'm coming home, and my husband and I are driving to Key Largo to see my mom. My sister and niece are meeting us there, and we are all staying overnight. I am so looking foward to it. I miss my mom so much. I haven't seen her since I started working again. (Can you believe it's been 8 months already?!) The last few days have been rough. I had off, but we went to our beach-condo and started packing everything up there. (We finally rented it out after having it sit with no one living there for the last five years.)When I first walked in, I sat right on the floor and started to cry because I was so overwhelmed. I just didn't know where to start. Our whole lives were there,-good and bad. So we packed all we could up, and I went back to work today and my husband spent the day there doing what he could. It's scary leaving a place like that. 11 years of our lives has been there, but I do know it's time to move on. I can remember the first time we saw it, I said that we would never move again. Shesh,...I was WAY OFF. I really thought we would live the rest of our lives there. Now our priorities have changed. We want land for animals, and riding ATC's on, and taking walks and seeing wild animals. I'd really like to start a No-kill Dog/Cat Shelter. (I think this all will end up being in Canada tho. ) I don't think there is anywhere in Florida that we could afford such a thing, and still be on the water somehow. (A river,lake,etc.) Soooooooo,....that's the plan I guess. We have to wait another two years legally tho, and then see what our fate will be. Keep your finger's crossed we get to do things on our terms. I don't know if we could take anymore trauma.

No comments: