Sunday, December 14, 2008

Holding my breath underwater

Yes, I am still here at the hospital. The good news is my mom got out of ICU today. The bad news is I'm still here after five days and nights! I learned tho that I don't miss the outside world as much as I thought I would. I mean, it's kinda really relaxing, the hum of the machines, the quietness is really loud. (?) And my mom sleeping right here, (they put a pull-out chair in the room.) Lucky for me (for the most part) I'm petite. It's kinda like being underwater at night here. Everything is still, dark, and beautifully quiet and peaceful. I feel safe and cocooned from the harsh realities of the world outside. (Ooh, that sounded so dramatic. Who am I kidding? The hardest thing for me to face is what to make for dinner, or what new shoes to buy!) I miss my husband ALOT, and of course, my little peanut,(my kitty,) Sugar. So I guess I'm just waitin' it out, and happy my mom is getting better by the day. I'm just holding my breath that it stays that way.

No comments: