Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I'm on a good high for once


Today is my second day off in a row, and so much to be done, and so much to tell. Now,-as soon as I can figure out how to get my pictures off my cellphone on to my computer, you will see pictures of me playing with a florida panther cub. We all went to McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary, and had a blast. It was great, and you are up close with big cats and birds mostly, and I was in heaven. I could've spent the whole day there, just being around all those big cats; leopards, panthers, tigers, lions, and they even had a real liger. (Yes, like what they talk about in Napoleon Dynamite.) We were in awe. She was 500 lbs. !!!! Gorgeous. They were ALL gorgeous and breathtaking. And when they brought out the 5 month old Florida Panther cub named Jaden, I actually cried. She was so beautiful and sweet, and wanted to play like a regular house cat does, only she was 10x stronger, and not knowing it. She looked like she had clown shoes on with her huge paws, and she wasn't scared of us at all. Beautiful time that I will cherish forever. She sat right in front of me at one point,(half on my foot,) and reared back and pushed me over not even realizing it. I gotta get my pictures on here. So yeah, the BEST day yesterday. We drove around West Palm Beach, looking at all the antique stores and consignment shops. Awesome area for that. We ended up eating at this cool little diner called Howleys. Good food, great atmosphere, and nice people surprisingly. I was on such a high, nothing was going to get me in a bad mood yesterday.(Not even stupid drivers on I-95.) We ended the evening going to Delray Beach and going to Kilwins to get some fresh dipped chocolate 'stuff'. (I got pretzels, and chocolate/peanut butter cups, and my SIL got caramel.) We went back to her house and watched movies til 1 in the morning. Such fun. I LLLOOOVVVVEEEEEE days like that. I miss days like that. I need days like that. It used to be more often,....now,....not so much. I'm surprised my husband was up for all that, but very glad that he was with us. Now I'm going to get some stuff put up on eBay, and also I'm stalking a new bag,(for me that is,) that I saw a very wealthy customer come in wearing a few days ago, into my work. It was a Kate Spade bag, but it was really beautiful in person. GORGEOUS. And I think I have to have it. I will show it to you when I get it. I'm still on a high from yesterday and seeing all the big cats up close and personal. I'll post pics as soon as I physically can. Yay me.

No comments: