Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Not so vacation-eey

I've had a nice time off from work these last few days. Very nice. It reminds me when I used to not work. I miss that. I've been cooking dinner every night, and it's fun just like it used to be when that was all I really had to do. Had a little mishap tho yesterday. I brought Sugar in the house from the back door, and I guess I didn't shut the door all the way. I was on the computer, (for a good hour,) and realized that I didn't hear them running around the house like I usually do. I went in the other room thinking they were lieing down in there, and walked down the hall and looked where the back door was and it was slightly open!!! I panicked and ran outside, went around the side of the house calling both there names,....went out to the front yard, nothing,.....came back around, and went to the other side of the house and there they were together, lieing in the grass, looking up into the palms, watching lizards. I about screamed with relief,...and poor Munky was so enthralled w/ looking at the lizards, she didn't even look up when I ran over to her and picked her up. I hurriedly put her in the house, and Sugar just sat staring at me like I was some crazy woman!!! ( I was.) The thought of her outside alone with him scared me all to hell. My husband came home right around then, and Sugar and I sat out back, and then he walked off, to go have fun somewhere else because clearly I blew their day grabbing Munky and putting her in. I came in and told my husband what had just happened and ended up breaking down crying by the end of the story. If I would've lost her,....couldn't find her, I would've never forgiven myself. Those few minutes when I didn't know where she was at,....scared me to death,...I felt like I lost my child, and she was outside all alone. (She only goes outside when I'm with her, and she's on a leash and harness.) I swear, all night I was so shaken, and upset. It took alot for my husband to calm me down. I was a wreck. Totally. So I learned a lesson that ended up okay. Boy,- I don't know how people do it when their child disappears. It's the most horrifying feeling I've ever felt. Funny how that brings you back to reality REAL QUICK. Put my little vacay in perspective,-that's for sure. Anyways, ~ going to see my mom on Friday. Looking foward to that. No other plans tho,...I love not do anything,...I must be the laziest person I know. Yup,.......

No comments: